However, my son-in-law, Steve Robinett, is one of the best Trivial Pursuit players that I know, so when we were asked to participate in this event, we recommended him (Sorry, Steve). People from the church put together teams of 7-8 people. There were 8 such teams. Ours was composed of:
- Ralph and Cindy Shead (our former Chilean missionary colleagues, and members of the Carl Junction Christian Church)
- Steve and Charissa Robinett (our son-in-law and daughter)
- Doug and Carol Reed (colleagues of Shead's at LATM and former missionaries to the Dominican Republic)
- Us (David and Rose Fish)
All in all, we played 10 rounds of 10 questions from 10 different categories. The questions were read, and each team wrote the answers to the questions. Since we won the entire tournament, our team was awarded $120 (more than what we paid to play, even with our mulligan strips). We gave that prize money back to the local MOPS group.
I can't remember all of the categories, but some of my favorite categories were:
- "Word" up (for which all questions were Bible-related--we did pretty well on that one)
- The Pros of Prose (authors of famous books--Carol Reed was very helpful in this area, since she is a school teacher)
- Sports-related category (Steve and I pretty much carried our team in this area)
- The Small Screen (a category taken from TV shows--I was thankful for some questions from the Andy Griffith Show)
A fun time was had by all. Thanks, Cindy, for inviting us.