Thursday, April 05, 2007

It's Been Too Long

Two of my readers (is that 67% of them?) have been clamoring (that's an overstatement) for me to write again. I've been very busy lately, and haven't had time. The trip to Chile (I promise to write a post about that) was great, but I came back very tired. I think it took 2 weeks to recover.

Baseball season started, and the Cubs have broken my heart already. I hope it will get better. My Cardinal friends heart is more broken, as they have yet to win a game!

We have been in pre-enrollment, which is always a busy time. Also, it is Easter Week. I will teach tomorrow morning, dismissing my OT class just a few minutes early to go to the chapel for our All Campus Good Friday service.

When that is over, Rose and I will go to Little Rock, Arkansas. That's right. I used Hotwi
re to get a room at the La Quinta Inn in North Little Rock for tomorrow night. Roger Powell (University of Illinois, 2005) plays for the Arkansas RimRockers, who have just two remaining home games (Friday and Saturday night). We'll be there at the Friday night game. They play at Alltel Arena in North Little Rock. I called the team today, and there will be plenty of tickets available.

Roger was just named the winner of the 2006-2007 Jason Collier NBA Development League Sportsmanship Award. I played basketball with his father back in the 1960s. His father was a 4-year starter at Illinois State (top 25 team for a while), while I was relegated to intramurals :). Roger Powell Jr. was called Rev at the University of Illinois. He is a licensed preacher in his church. I am trying to find a way to make contact with him so that we can actually meet him, and talk to him.

I promise I will write a serious piece about my teaching trip to Chile before too much longer.

May the blessings of the risen Christ be with you!

DGF

No comments: