Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Go, Roger, Go!

I wrote a post a few weeks ago about following the Utah Jazz. It's really the first time I've followed an NBA team since the days of MJ at Chicago. Generally, the college game interests me more than the NBA game. Last spring, I wrote a post about that.

This year, however, I have my eye on a non-drafted rookie, Roger Powell, who is on the roster of the Utah Jazz. I think the Jazz currently has 14 players on their roster, 12 of which "suit up" for each game. Rules governing what
was formerly called the injured reserve list have changed in the NBA this year. Prior to each game, the team can choose which 12 players will be in uniform. Roger Powell has only been in uniform for two or three of the 8 regular season games so far. He did not actually get into a game until last night. He played in garbage time at the end of the game last night, when the Jazz defeated the LA Clippers by a score of 112-90. He played a grand total of 1:21, and did not shoot, get a rebound, or do anything significant. I hope he gets more playing time in the coming weeks. I've got my eyes on a date when the Utah Jazz play the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets--March 4. If he is still with the club, I just might drive down I-44 to check out the Jazz.

I have one more class to teach, and then will be getting ready to head to the National Missionary Convention in Indianapolis.

Blessings on you all! If you are in Indpls, I'll look forward to seeing you there!

DGF


No comments: