Saturday, May 03, 2008

Off to St. Louis to see the Cubs

Wow! I was really hoping to go see a different team that is is 1st place. I will be seeing a 1st place team, but it's the Cardinals that are in 1st, not the Cubs. The Cubbies have had 2 very disappointing losses in a row:
  1. Kerry Wood's blown save on Thursday against the Brewers (that put the Cardinals 1/2 game ahead of the Cubs
  2. Last night's loss (5-3) at St. Louis in 11 innings.

What disappointed me most in the loss last night was NOT the walk-off homer in the bottom of the 11th. Soriano did some things to drive me crazy:

  1. His gross misplay of two very catchable fly balls in the 7th inning
  2. His free-swinging approach at the plate, flailing away at nearly anything that comes within five feet of the strike zone

His 2-run homer in the 9th atoned for the above sins, but he really hurt us!

Today we have Ted Lilly pitching against Kyle Lohse. I hope it is last year's version of Ted Lilly, instead of what we have seen so far this season. I'll post some photos from the game (hopefully a scoreboard shot showing the Cubs won) after I get back home.

Because I have a friend named Charlie who lives in Tennessee, I need to be careful about scoreboard photo shots. :)

No comments: